Eleven dollars I won't get back.
Ian Cohen's review of The Editors' new album made me laugh:
The lyrics, presumably shouldering the weight of all human suffering ("Escape the Nest," "The Racing Rats" and of course, "Weight of the World") sound like new age-y pick-up lines.... And that's even before Smith declares that "Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors" are "the saddest thing I've ever seen." "Who Do You Gotta Blow To Get On 'Grey's Anatomy'?" was deemed a bit too blunt for a proper working title.
Hee hee hee. On the other hand, the best album I bought last year was Gomez' How We Operate (title track: Grey's season 2 opener), and the worst album I bought was, by far, Snow Patrol's Eyes Open ("Chasing Cars": Grey's season 2 finale). ("Best" and "worst" are pretty subjective here, I know.) I will say this for the Editors' crappy new album: there's nothing on it as bad, IMHO, as "Chasing Cars".
The lyrics, presumably shouldering the weight of all human suffering ("Escape the Nest," "The Racing Rats" and of course, "Weight of the World") sound like new age-y pick-up lines.... And that's even before Smith declares that "Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors" are "the saddest thing I've ever seen." "Who Do You Gotta Blow To Get On 'Grey's Anatomy'?" was deemed a bit too blunt for a proper working title.
Hee hee hee. On the other hand, the best album I bought last year was Gomez' How We Operate (title track: Grey's season 2 opener), and the worst album I bought was, by far, Snow Patrol's Eyes Open ("Chasing Cars": Grey's season 2 finale). ("Best" and "worst" are pretty subjective here, I know.) I will say this for the Editors' crappy new album: there's nothing on it as bad, IMHO, as "Chasing Cars".
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home