Lost marbles.
Via The Plank, John Derbyshire blames the humiliating death-free outcome of the British sailers incident on rampant multiculturalism:
How on earth can Britons behave like that? A previous generation would not have done so. I knew the women of my mother’s generation pretty well (Mum was born in 1912), and I am certain that any one of them, given that headscarf and told to put it on, would have said: “You can hang me with it if you like, but I’ll be damned if I’ll wear the filthy thing.” The men likewise. What on earth has happened to the British?
...What has happened is multiculturalism. The British no longer feel that contempt for other nations that sustained them for so many centuries. Or, if they feel it, they guiltily suppress that feeling, as being flagitiously “racist.”
The soldiers co-operated with the Iranians, put on headscarfs and Ahmadinejad suits, and appeared on Iranian television because they were afraid otherwise they'd be accused of being racists! Of course! But fear not, conservatives, Derbyshire's upper lip at least has never been stiffer.
How on earth can Britons behave like that? A previous generation would not have done so. I knew the women of my mother’s generation pretty well (Mum was born in 1912), and I am certain that any one of them, given that headscarf and told to put it on, would have said: “You can hang me with it if you like, but I’ll be damned if I’ll wear the filthy thing.” The men likewise. What on earth has happened to the British?
...What has happened is multiculturalism. The British no longer feel that contempt for other nations that sustained them for so many centuries. Or, if they feel it, they guiltily suppress that feeling, as being flagitiously “racist.”
The soldiers co-operated with the Iranians, put on headscarfs and Ahmadinejad suits, and appeared on Iranian television because they were afraid otherwise they'd be accused of being racists! Of course! But fear not, conservatives, Derbyshire's upper lip at least has never been stiffer.
<< Home