Name:
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada

I'm a PhD student in econ at UBC. For fun, I write this blog.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Suffer the little kids.

Andrew Sullivan has a long whack at Dinesh D'Souza. This is especially rich:

"If children had the vote," D'Souza adds for good measure, "there would be no such thing as divorce. Children are to the right of even the Muslims on this issue."


If only! D'Souza fleshed out this line of thinking a little bit a couple of months ago in the Christian Science Monitor:

The threat bin Laden is referring to is an infiltration of American values and mores into the lives of Muslims, transforming their society and destroying their traditional values and religious beliefs...These concerns prompt a startling thought: Are the radical Muslims right? Surely, some American parents can at least sympathize. Consider the profane language on prime-time TV, or the salacious themes so prevalent in movies and music. Need I even mention the vulgarity of some rap lyrics, or the Jerry Springer and Howard Stern shows?


Absolutely. If we could but lower the voting age to six (especially for boys), all of our moral troubles would disappear.

Sadly, I couldn't find any links to D'Souza's views on spanking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters