Name:
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada

I'm a PhD student in econ at UBC. For fun, I write this blog.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

More Iain Murray goodness.

Iain Murray's ongoing crusade at the Corner against An Inconvenient Truth has got to be the funniest thing since last Christmas when the Cornerites collectively picked up their pitchforks to defend C.S. Lewis' honour from whatever godless types were apparently attacking the Narnia movie.

Jon Chait has already smacked today's entry into Murray vs. Gore: Murray assuring his readers that Gore's movie sucks because Stephen Colbert said so while parodying Bill O'Reilly. But to my eyes, the real comedy gold actually comes a bit later in the day. Seems Murray has been watching trailers for other movies that might be making ludicrous global warming arguments, I guess in the interest of guilt-by-association, though it's a bit hard to tell what he's really going for. Anyway, check out this hilarious bit of pseudo-prudery:

Well I never. Only yesterday I posted something about The Omen promoters claiming global warming causes earthquakes and tsunamis. I missed this New Scientist article from the end of last month, in which scientists, almost defining alarmism, claim global warming will cause more earthquakes and tsunamis. Pity it came too late for Al to include in the movie, although I am assured by one reader who has seen Al's full presentation that he mentions it.


Heavens to Betsy! Back in Murray's day, scientists would never dream of making such shocking allegations in major international journals! Once, scientists understood that being controversial is best left to filmmakers, or, better, to think tank hacks without any apparent academic credentials in science. Once that traditional hierarchy breaks down...well, I don't have to tell you it's a slippery slope. Politicians start quoting them in multimedia presentations! And before you know it we'll all be whacked out on government-subsdized crack and marrying our first cousins in the name of tolerance!

Be afraid, everyone. They might call it flailing hackery but we call it life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters