Just read it.
Dave is righteous about the Canadian role and responsibility as part of NATO's mission to Afghanistan. Just reading him makes me feel a bit heady... and weirdly patriotic. He's right too. Because Bush is such a godawful leader, and the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan have proved to be such hell, and "freedom on the march" to be such a sham; and our views of international affairs so tainted by the hash the neoconservatives, unchecked, have made of things on the world stage; it's easy to forget the other side of the coin: what it means to be part of a community of nations, and why NATO undertook the Afghan mission in the first place. Dave has all the authority a person can have to discuss these things. His post demands to be read.
3 Comments:
Well I guess Ezra Klein was write.
"I can recognize that she's the shiniest hidden gem in the blogosphere, and if you're not reading her regularly and obsessively, you're making a huge mistake."
Uh, I'm embarrassed. I quite honestly don't think I need "wider recognition". The sort of blogging I do -- riffing on the occasional thing I see in the news to procrastinate -- is quite easy. I have no particular expertise.
I think we all have other-blog-envy. Ezra hates me (I don't hate him since there's no point hating famous people). But I hate Dave at the GB for being so much better at this and knowing so much more about the important things than me. And so it goes...
Wow! I'm blushing... really! Thanks for the push on that post, Laura. Given the dogfight going on in my comments section, I've used up a lot of time today.
I am glad it had a positive effect though.
As I said, (up two posts), I agree with Ezra. I don't think I'm better at all. You write some incredible stuff on subjects I rarely tap.
You're right about other-blog-envy. I hate CathieFromCanada because she gets to the meat of an issue so fast and so easily. As you say... so it goes...
Post a Comment
<< Home