Nice. Really nice.
Four posts in one day?! Unheard of. But I can't let this go by:
Dozens of Conservative MPs in the last House supported a NDP bill that would have required defectors to seek a new mandate in a by-election...
Ontario Tory MP Helena Guergis was set to issue a press release yesterday morning reaffirming her support for the anti-crossing legislation.
However, Mr. Harper made her parliamentary secretary to Mr. Emerson yesterday afternoon, and the press release was not issued.
Ha. Also, this:
Earlier, Mr. Fortier said he would not seek a seat in the House before the next general election even if there is a Montreal vacancy. "My job is to focus on Public Works."
And even earlier, Harper said this:
“I do think it's important for Montreal to have a minister in cabinet, and I think it's important to have a minister in cabinet who can answer questions in Parliament and, of course, I think we have found a flexible way of keeping the principle of representing Montreal and still proceeding with an election in future.
(Emphasis mine, of course. I expect Harper barely emphasised it at all.)
As Grace at The Reaction put it, "And the electorate traded Paul Martin in for THIS?"
Same ethics. New wingnuttery.
Dozens of Conservative MPs in the last House supported a NDP bill that would have required defectors to seek a new mandate in a by-election...
Ontario Tory MP Helena Guergis was set to issue a press release yesterday morning reaffirming her support for the anti-crossing legislation.
However, Mr. Harper made her parliamentary secretary to Mr. Emerson yesterday afternoon, and the press release was not issued.
Ha. Also, this:
Earlier, Mr. Fortier said he would not seek a seat in the House before the next general election even if there is a Montreal vacancy. "My job is to focus on Public Works."
And even earlier, Harper said this:
“I do think it's important for Montreal to have a minister in cabinet, and I think it's important to have a minister in cabinet who can answer questions in Parliament and, of course, I think we have found a flexible way of keeping the principle of representing Montreal and still proceeding with an election in future.
(Emphasis mine, of course. I expect Harper barely emphasised it at all.)
As Grace at The Reaction put it, "And the electorate traded Paul Martin in for THIS?"
Same ethics. New wingnuttery.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home