DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?
Time for a wingnut comedy break! Via Crooks and Liars, Senator Durbin takes questions from the Power Line/Pajamas Media after today's NSA hearings:
DURBIN: No, you've got it wrong. You've got it wrong. I don't know - who do you work for, incidentally?
Q: Powerline and Pajamas Media.
DURBIN: Jamas Media?
Q: Pajamas Media.
DURBIN: Pajama Media?
Q: And Powerline.
DURBIN: Okay, I'm sorry I wasn't familiar with your publication. But I will just tell you this: the argument is the Constitution spells out the powers of the president, as well as the powers of the legislative branch and the judicial branch. And statutes will be followed if, in fact, they put exclusive authority. That's was FISA does. It creates the word "“exclusive means" - exclusive authority. And they are reading more into it now than the statute obviously allows.
Q: But did you hear Gonzales say-
DURBIN: I'll check out Pajamaline, but I'm not familiar with your publication.
Q: Yeah. Dan Rather knows something about it.
You couldn't make these guys up. You really couldn't. On the other hand, if this is really the shape of the modern VRWC, maybe it's not such a bad time to be a liberal anymore.
Update: Do not miss the Instapundit's take on Durbin vs. the Blog Version of the MBA Presidency. I don't want to ruin it for you, but Glenn's analysis starts with an "h" and ends with an "h", and in the middle is the letter associated with the sound that excited rightwing "citizen journalists" make when that 3 million in venture capital gets one of their own close to a living, breathing senator.
DURBIN: No, you've got it wrong. You've got it wrong. I don't know - who do you work for, incidentally?
Q: Powerline and Pajamas Media.
DURBIN: Jamas Media?
Q: Pajamas Media.
DURBIN: Pajama Media?
Q: And Powerline.
DURBIN: Okay, I'm sorry I wasn't familiar with your publication. But I will just tell you this: the argument is the Constitution spells out the powers of the president, as well as the powers of the legislative branch and the judicial branch. And statutes will be followed if, in fact, they put exclusive authority. That's was FISA does. It creates the word "“exclusive means" - exclusive authority. And they are reading more into it now than the statute obviously allows.
Q: But did you hear Gonzales say-
DURBIN: I'll check out Pajamaline, but I'm not familiar with your publication.
Q: Yeah. Dan Rather knows something about it.
You couldn't make these guys up. You really couldn't. On the other hand, if this is really the shape of the modern VRWC, maybe it's not such a bad time to be a liberal anymore.
Update: Do not miss the Instapundit's take on Durbin vs. the Blog Version of the MBA Presidency. I don't want to ruin it for you, but Glenn's analysis starts with an "h" and ends with an "h", and in the middle is the letter associated with the sound that excited rightwing "citizen journalists" make when that 3 million in venture capital gets one of their own close to a living, breathing senator.
2 Comments:
The REALLY interesting part is that Powerline is not a part of Pajamas Media. Now the trolls are hitting the airwaves.
It really is fun. :)
Yeah, but really, as Durbin pointed out, what's the difference?
Post a Comment
<< Home