Name:
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada

I'm a PhD student in econ at UBC. For fun, I write this blog.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Stuff it, you fucking hack.

Undermining Paul

[Question] How can you stand on behalf of such a tarnished party?

[Liberal candidate Michael Ignatieff] "I have to tell you I'm in a difficult position," said Ignatieff. "I can't put it any more directly than that. We let ourselves down, and we let the country down. We weakened public confidence in government. We weakened public confidence in the party system, because we misappropriated public funds. And worst of all we've weakened the national unity of the country." "If elected I'm going to Ottawa to say to my party as clearly and directly as I can: We betrayed ourselves. We must never do this again."



The best economy in Canadian history. Lowest unemployment. Lowest interest rates. Genuine economic independence from the US. An engaged electorate who are making a choice between a party they think may be too complacent and one they fear might be too conservative. And what's Ignatieff interested in? Scandal. His own Party's (overblown) scandal. A scandal that the current Liberal Party acted to expose and clean up and from which the current leadership was completed cleared.

Does Ignatieff think he's running in a US presidential primary?

Look, I understand how it was hard not to let him in. But for the record, if this carpetbagging, vainglorious asswipe ever becomes Liberal Party Leader I will join the NDP.


Update: While I'm spewing bile, this is a good point too. Just like Buzz says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters