Possibilities.
Ronald Reagan will raise your taxes, and so will I. He won't tell you. I just did.
-- Walter Mondale, Democratic nominee for president, July 19, 1984.
(Reagan denied it, with a chuckle. Final election results: 58.8%-40.6% for Reagan in total votes cast, 525-13 Reagan in the electoral college.)
Mr. Harper will raise your taxes, and my party will cut them further. They won't tell you. I damn well better if I want to win this election.
-- Paul Martin, Prime Minister of Canada and head of the Liberal party, speaking hypothetically (and hopefully saying the last bit only in his head) sometime in mid January, 2006.
It's got to be worth a try.
(Via CathiefromCanada, who is watching the election like a hawk, a hawk with fabulous font I might add.)
-- Walter Mondale, Democratic nominee for president, July 19, 1984.
(Reagan denied it, with a chuckle. Final election results: 58.8%-40.6% for Reagan in total votes cast, 525-13 Reagan in the electoral college.)
Mr. Harper will raise your taxes, and my party will cut them further. They won't tell you. I damn well better if I want to win this election.
-- Paul Martin, Prime Minister of Canada and head of the Liberal party, speaking hypothetically (and hopefully saying the last bit only in his head) sometime in mid January, 2006.
It's got to be worth a try.
(Via CathiefromCanada, who is watching the election like a hawk, a hawk with fabulous font I might add.)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home