Good fucking God.
Via Instapundit:
MORE: Reader T.J. Marshman thinks that Ed Morrissey deserves credit for bringing down the Candadian government, by breaking the publication ban on the Gomery investigation. Could be! I started to say that before, but didn't want to be accused of blogger triumphalism.
MORE STILL: Reader Crash Ringenberg emails:
"Conservative bloggers have now taken down Dan Rather, Eason Jordan, and the fricken Canadian Government.
Liberal bloggers have taken down Jeff Gannon and Jim Guckert—oh wait, that’s the same person.
Advantage: Conservatives!"
Okay, that's definitely too much triumphalism, even for a guy named "Crash."
I don't even know what to say to this. Granted, I don't follow American wingnut views on Canadian politics with an eagle eye, but as I understand it, Ed Morrissey "broke the publication ban" back in April, predicting at the time that "The potential damage of their testimony has so unnerved the Liberal Party that they have reportedly started working towards a snap election so that they will not have to face the voters once the facts surface from the record." Just under eight months later, we're finally having that "snap" election. And, of course, the Liberals weren't the ones plotting it. Anyway, the most explosive bits of banned testimony began to be made public five days after Ed's exclusive, with more released a month after that and the last bits becoming public last month after Guite and Brault lost a court hearing on the matter in Quebec.
And then, of course, there's the actual Gomery Report in all its gory detail, which came out November 1, making Ed Morrisey's 7-month-old leak look sort of... quaint. Although, "U.S.-based blogs" do get a quick mention in CBC's Gomery timeline. See the April 4 entry.
As for the idea that the government was going to last forever if only Captain Ed hadn't intervened, well, here's a handy chart laying out how long minority governments usually last in Canada, even without big scandals. Which is to say, not very.
MORE: Reader T.J. Marshman thinks that Ed Morrissey deserves credit for bringing down the Candadian government, by breaking the publication ban on the Gomery investigation. Could be! I started to say that before, but didn't want to be accused of blogger triumphalism.
MORE STILL: Reader Crash Ringenberg emails:
"Conservative bloggers have now taken down Dan Rather, Eason Jordan, and the fricken Canadian Government.
Liberal bloggers have taken down Jeff Gannon and Jim Guckert—oh wait, that’s the same person.
Advantage: Conservatives!"
Okay, that's definitely too much triumphalism, even for a guy named "Crash."
I don't even know what to say to this. Granted, I don't follow American wingnut views on Canadian politics with an eagle eye, but as I understand it, Ed Morrissey "broke the publication ban" back in April, predicting at the time that "The potential damage of their testimony has so unnerved the Liberal Party that they have reportedly started working towards a snap election so that they will not have to face the voters once the facts surface from the record." Just under eight months later, we're finally having that "snap" election. And, of course, the Liberals weren't the ones plotting it. Anyway, the most explosive bits of banned testimony began to be made public five days after Ed's exclusive, with more released a month after that and the last bits becoming public last month after Guite and Brault lost a court hearing on the matter in Quebec.
And then, of course, there's the actual Gomery Report in all its gory detail, which came out November 1, making Ed Morrisey's 7-month-old leak look sort of... quaint. Although, "U.S.-based blogs" do get a quick mention in CBC's Gomery timeline. See the April 4 entry.
As for the idea that the government was going to last forever if only Captain Ed hadn't intervened, well, here's a handy chart laying out how long minority governments usually last in Canada, even without big scandals. Which is to say, not very.
4 Comments:
Seriously?
"Captain Ed" is taking credit for bringing down the Canadian government because he published Gomery testimony a few days before gomery released it anyway?
Wow.
Where can I get the good stuff?
No, to my knowledge, Captain Ed hasn't taken any credit personally. Instapundit and his emailers taking it for him. Follow the link to instapundit.
They 'took down" Dan Rather? WTF? Didn't he retire right on schedule?
I try not to read Instapundit, as I generally feel stupider after I do.
Post a Comment
<< Home