As seen at RedState...
I'm not saying I agree with this guy's sentiments exactly... but given the possibilities, I do think the Dems have probably dodged a bullet (and I'd bet money that she'll be confirmed). And honestly, posted amid the handwringing and bucking-up going on at RedState right now,this is pretty damn funny:
ROFL By: agpc
Seriously guys, what was Bush smoking on this nomination?
As a Democrat, I am utterly stunned. Someone who has a history of donating money to Democrats, including Al Gore?
Excuse me for a second.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Heh. Snort.
Hey, someone who supported Al Gore can't be all bad. There is a rumor of a 1991 donation to Clinton.
She appears to be pro-business, but that is just fine with me. Sure she is a crony, but I expected no less.
The good news?
Miers is pro-education in that she supported a 7% increase in property taxes during her tenure on the Dallas City Council.
Mrs. Miers also appears to tilt towards the left on Gay Rights. While chairing a committee, she submitted a report which supported the enactment of laws and public policy which provide that sexual orientation shall not be a bar to adoption when the adoption is determined to be in the best interest of the child.
She also recommended the development and establishment of an International Criminal Court.
Oh, she was also a trial lawyer.
Wow, just wow.
Honestly, I expected the next S.Ct. nomination to be an ultra conservative who would earn a fillibuster by Democrats.
Just in case you conservatives were wondering, Ms. Miers was on our "no-fillibuster" list. Thanks, Mr. Bush for your most excellent nomination of a woman who is an excellent lawyer and who clearly supports our social agenda.
Pro Gay Rights. Pro Education. Pro Rule of Law.
Practically everything we actually wanted in a nominee.
-Democrats
There's a "no filibuster" list??? I guess I'm just out of the loop.
ROFL By: agpc
Seriously guys, what was Bush smoking on this nomination?
As a Democrat, I am utterly stunned. Someone who has a history of donating money to Democrats, including Al Gore?
Excuse me for a second.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Heh. Snort.
Hey, someone who supported Al Gore can't be all bad. There is a rumor of a 1991 donation to Clinton.
She appears to be pro-business, but that is just fine with me. Sure she is a crony, but I expected no less.
The good news?
Miers is pro-education in that she supported a 7% increase in property taxes during her tenure on the Dallas City Council.
Mrs. Miers also appears to tilt towards the left on Gay Rights. While chairing a committee, she submitted a report which supported the enactment of laws and public policy which provide that sexual orientation shall not be a bar to adoption when the adoption is determined to be in the best interest of the child.
She also recommended the development and establishment of an International Criminal Court.
Oh, she was also a trial lawyer.
Wow, just wow.
Honestly, I expected the next S.Ct. nomination to be an ultra conservative who would earn a fillibuster by Democrats.
Just in case you conservatives were wondering, Ms. Miers was on our "no-fillibuster" list. Thanks, Mr. Bush for your most excellent nomination of a woman who is an excellent lawyer and who clearly supports our social agenda.
Pro Gay Rights. Pro Education. Pro Rule of Law.
Practically everything we actually wanted in a nominee.
-Democrats
There's a "no filibuster" list??? I guess I'm just out of the loop.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home