Name:
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada

I'm a PhD student in econ at UBC. For fun, I write this blog.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Ahhhh. This is much better.

A Merlot Democrat/Liberal finds her online home.

p.s. I was planning to take the old site down in about a week, having transfered the archives and all (I didn't cheat; I even transfered the posts containing my various bogus predictions, like that Iran's new president might, conceivably, not be that bad). That means the comments will be lost, though. I doubt any of you care, but if you do, let me know. And thanks to everyone who've left some along the way. I really appreciate the feedback, positive and not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Neil Sinhababu said...

I'm curious about exactly what a Merlot liberal would be. Let's see... you like wine, but you're not an insufferable wine snob. So maybe you're unashamed to have opinions that are conventional among well-educated liberals?

No clear idea what kind of [drink] liberal I am. A Stout Democrat, perhaps, but that admits of too many meanings.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Heh... the other day Dad and I were trying to figure out what the Merlot Democrat means (you get the reference, right? That's what Howard Dean calls regular Dem voters, as part of the (ridiculous) four-way categorization of American voters the DNC's latest pollster came up with. We're both Merlot Dems.

If I were going for something personal, I'd probably be a Bacardi Ice Democrat. Now that's embarassing.

(oh, and that's Liberal, as in the Canadian party, not liberal.)

Back to work...deadlines approach.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Neil Sinhababu said...

Oh! I actually didn't get the reference.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters